Monday, February 3, 2014

Typecast


We finally had a warm day in my city! It was almost 50 degrees today, and K. & I took advantage of the heavenly temperatures by taking Griffin on a long walk during my reading break. I wore this favorite thrifted coat of mine over skinny jeans I borrowed from Fuchsia & added my favorite witchy boots from Call It Spring. Although this oversized coat is one of my favorite clothing items, I've somehow managed to never blog about it before now. I picked it up from my vintage hook-up in my hometown last year, and I always receive a lot of compliments from strangers when I wear it, so I think that means it's pretty good. Once, before my teaching practicum last year, a woman approached me in the hallway, told me she loved my coat, and asked what department I came from. When I replied that I was in English, she nodded knowingly. "The artsy coat gave it away," she said before disappearing into the elevator.


I was also wearing this amazing necklace that K. gave me for my birthday. You know you need it, too--in case your feminist killjoy status is not already apparent by your carefully honed withering glare. I tossed my phone & keys into this soft leather envelope clutch that I picked up a few months ago from the Gap. 


jeans: madewell, borrowed from Fuchsia / coat: vintage, thrifted (get the look) / sunglasses: cole haan via 6pm.com / clutch: gap / boots: call it spring / lips: e.l.f. mineral lipstick in "party pink"

xoxo,
melina

2 comments:

  1. The coat totally gives it away ;) English majors represent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You & the pup look great! I'm glad you guys got a chance to thaw out... xoxo meg

    ReplyDelete