Sunday, January 19, 2014

Femmestagram: What I Wore to the Drag Show


For my first post of 2014, I can only offer a glimpse into my sartorial choices as a drag show femme cee, since my academic femme wardrobe choices during winter recess involve a lot of leggings, sweatpants & other comfort wear to promote my frantic orals reading. I'm planning some more posts soon, including one on my new favorite cosmetics, but I hope these femmestagram images of my all-vintage look last night can suffice in the meantime.

the beautiful Pearl Harbor with K. after the show

dress & hat: vintage (thrifted in NEPA) / tights & pumps: ASOS  / wig & lashes: Ricky's NYC / eyeshadow: bare minerals / lips: sephora cream lip stain in "strawberry kisses"

It was an amazing show with a huge audience, and I'm so glad I got to spend my night celebrating the hilarious & talented group of queer performers in my life.  It was also a great chance for me to work on perfecting my "Lesbian Voice." By the way, have you been reading femslash friday on the toast, guys? Because it's pretty much the greatest, and if not, you should be. I cried actual tears at the one on Ann Perkins & Leslie Knope. Because that is a love that is true and perfect and real. End of story.

More soon, femmes & friends!

Xoxo,
Melina

No comments:

Post a Comment