Friday, December 6, 2013

"Understated is Overrated"


I woke up to a text message from Elizabeth a few weeks ago, which informed me of her new "response to anyone questioning her aesthetic choices." Inspired by a Shahs of Sunset subway billboard (what else?), she'd decided to adopt the slogan "understated is overrated" as her new femme mantra. I think it's going to be mine, too—especially on the weekend, when I find myself piling on loud combinations of things that I wouldn't wear to my two teaching jobs. This was the idea behind this look from a few weekends ago, where I thought to myself "is it too much to wear my faux leather jacket, animal print, a (half) hive, and cowboy boots all in the same outfit?" The answer was a resounding yes, which, of course, was all the more reason to go for it. Thanks, E!





dress: ann taylor loft / jacket: h&m / necklace: snash jewelry / boots: scavenged / lips: sephora cream lip stain in strawberry kissed

xoxo,
melina

No comments:

Post a Comment