Saturday, October 26, 2013

On Apple Picking and Denim on Denim



Ah, the accidental Canadian tuxedo. I've actually been trying to figure out how to do a really fashion-y and intentional Canadian tuxedo look this fall: with a light chambray shirt and darker jeans, boots, a big messy top-knot and red lips, it seems like it should be a cinch. But I haven't perfected the intentional Canadian tuxedo yet. Maybe because it's a look that always works best when it seems effortless. I still remember a particularly stunning member of my cohort who rocked her denim jacket with jeans like it was nothing during our first year. I commended her on her impressive execution of D on D once, and she was like, "what? Oh, I didn't really think about it." I rest my case.

Anyway, I found myself forced into an accidental Canadian tuxedo situation during our weekend visit to see Fuchsia in Western Mass. a while ago. Because here is a thing that is true about me: I CAN'T PACK CORRECTLY FOR ANYTHING. Not even for a weekend. But you know, I'm okay with what I ended up wearing for this bucolic fall day of bestie apple picking, and I loved that Fuchsia and I both went for shades of denim for the occasion. We were also sure to faithfully re-apply our lipstick in the car before picking up bags—a move which earned us some truly memorable side-eye from the farm employee. But that's just how we roll.


melina
jacket: gap factory (get the look) / shirt: modcloth love ballad tunic / jeans: bdg high rise (get the look) boots: madden girl dolo boot / lips: elf mineral lipstick in beautiful berry 

fuchsia
denim shirt: thrifted from savers / striped tee: j.crew factory (get the look) / jeans: madewell (get the look) / scarf: florence, italy / loafers: bass men's, thrifted from savers / lips: NARS red square

xoxo,
melina

1 comment:

  1. I love the image of the farmer catching you guys touching up your lipstick. Ha!

    ReplyDelete