Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Impulse buy II: Philip Lim for Target


I'm sure this is exactly what the Great Minds of Target had in mind, but both times that I've purchased items from their designer collections, they were impulse buys in their purest forms. As in, I went to Target for some other reason (in this case, a raincoat for Griffin which I hope will make an appearance on here soon), became utterly overcome by my unquenchable thirst for consumerism, and then purchased a piece without even trying it on. It worked out well when I picked up this Lela Rose top last winter from the Neiman Marcus collection & this leopard print sweater by Philip Lim was no exception. 

It's not that I hadn't been eying the Philip Lim collection from its first sneak peek appearance on the internet—I had. It's just that I couldn't figure out which item I wanted to spend my monthly clothing allowance on. At first, I wanted the dress in this print (which I've seen so many gorgeous femmes rocking since its release!), but this pull over was ultimately a better choice for my shape. In any case, it was the perfect thing to wear on my fall escape to Massachusetts with K. this past weekend. I managed to get a bunch of compliments on the color, both in person and after K. posted a photo on Instagram of me playing in the leaves with Griffin. Internet compliments are the great. And you're right, Ali: whoever said that redheads can't wear orange is DEAD WRONG.

Don't worry, readers: photos of me apple picking with my beloved BFF Fuchsia while wearing a Canadian tuxedo are imminent.

 

sweater: philip lim for target / jeans:BDG high rise cigarette   / boots: madden girl dolo boot / necklace: queens metal: bold jewelry for fearless women (get the look)  / lips: nars velvet matte lip pencil in red square (thanks, fuchsia!)

xoxo,
melina

No comments:

Post a Comment