Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend babes


 
This weekend I lured my BFF Elizabeth, one of my favorite academic femmes and a longtime style icon of mine, to my neighborhood. I'd promised her free beer, complimentary fancy cheese and 20% off summer dresses at a nearby vintage shop; several local businesses had organized a kind of pub crawl where you could pick up a card and head to several points for free or discounted drinks & other appealing deals. However, since we were both characteristically late, we missed out on the limited number of stamp cards. Undeterred, we consoled ourselves by joining K. and some of my favorite friends for mid-day margaritas and tacos at a beloved spot around the corner.
Griff had a little procedure a few days ago, so he's sporting the latest in e-collar fashion.

Elizabeth, as always, looked gorgeous, and fortunately, I only had to ply her with one margarita to persuade her to participate in this shoot. She apologized when we first met up; when texting about the next day's outfits, I told her I was planning on taking advantage of the warm forecast—marking the summer's last hurrah with a new, bright linen vintage find. (Did I mention it was $4? It was $4.) She was worried she'd betrayed me by wearing these deeper, more fall-like saturated colors. But it wasn't too hard to forgive her. And her ensemble was perfect for one of those warm days in the transition between late summer's last blaze and the cooler autumnal nights ahead.


Elizabeth


It was the perfect afternoon to celebrate the impressive amount of items I crossed off of my to-do list over the past few days, and I'm so glad I had the chance to spend it with Elizabeth before launching into another busy week of teaching & learning!



melina
dress, necklace, clutch: vintage, thrifted
earrings: brooklyn flea
shoes: urban outfitters (spring 2012)
lips: bare minerals cherries on top

elizabeth
dress: anthropologie (sale!)
belt: stolen from her sister
earrings: rockit vintage (london)
shoes: madewell
lips: NARS cruella


xoxo,
melina

No comments:

Post a Comment