Thursday, September 19, 2013

Mixing and matching


Good morning! Here are some photos taken hastily before fleeing the apartment yesterday to avoid an awkward encounter with/being poisoned by the exterminator. Things are really starting to come together in our apartment- the living room finally feels complete, and the bedroom is getting there as we slowly acquire furniture from the thrift stores and flea markets we've been visiting.

This outfit is a combination of some old favorites, like this heavy denim dress from (now defunct) Ralph Lauren Rugby, purchased with gift money a couple of days after my graduation from college. My red Worishofers are soon in line for a replacement, but still make me happy when I put them on. This Anthropologie cardigan was something that I've only worn with jeans in the past, but I was pleased to realize that it's the natural pairing for dresses nipped at the waist-- I didn't manage to get a shot from behind, but it hit at the perfect place to emphasize my waist.

One style hang up that I have a hard time getting over is a slavish need to match, and wearing this grey and green cardigan with red shoes felt sort of wild to me, even though it's pretty low grade clashing. Wearing a sort of hodge podge of things I like feels bizarrely liberating-- if the proportions work, color will follow.






Home is where you hang your gilt cow skull, right?
Dress: Ralph Lauren Rugby (get the denim look with this cute H&M dress) / Cardigan: Anthropologie / Shoes: Worishofer 562 / Necklace: Santa Fe souvenir shop / Ring: Ali's mom's high school class ring

3 comments:

  1. BUT WHERE CAN I GET THAT SKULL, MEG?! Check yo' priorities, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know you can shorten your long urls with AdFly and get money from every click on your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eToro is the ultimate forex trading platform for new and advanced traders.

    ReplyDelete