Monday, August 26, 2013

Sale shorts 2 ways

During our recent mini vacation to visit friends in Boston (on our way to K's hometown in Maine), I had the opportunity to do some speed shopping at a LOFT sale rack. Let me tell you, readers. The LOFT sale rack is always good to me. We were probably in there for less than 20 minutes, and I walked out with this adorable outfit, which I then sported at the 6:00 AM launch of the local hot air balloon festival we attended at the tail end of our trip.



Really, is there anything more magical than hot air balloons? This was my first time attending the festival, which was a family tradition for K. I'm in love, and I hope to be back again next year.

But the most exciting part about this new outfit was definitely the fact that I scored SOME MAD DEALS.

The striped top was under $5 & the adorable print shorts were under $10!

exposed zipper detail


Even though I'd envisioned using these shorts in pattern mixing situations, we faced a sweltering afternoon during our return to the carnival portion of the balloon festival later that day. So I traded in the heavier striped top for this light and breezy Cat Power concert tee that I'd tucked in my bag for a more casual look. I was so comfortable in this pairing. These shorts were the clear MVP of this vacation!





shorts & striped top: ann taylor loft (sale rack)
cat power tee: concert merch, 2010 tour (I think?)
jacket: gap factory (2011)
bag: spitalfield's market (london, summer 2013)
shoes: worishofer 811

xoxo,
melina

No comments:

Post a Comment