Sunday, August 25, 2013

Road trip look #1

Greetings from the Sunshine State! Also know as the place where Ali drives in the rain and I write blog posts, listen to Mindy Kaling on audiobook, and glare at Ali when she veers onto the rumble strip. The first real stop on our road trip was DC, where we hang out with Kate, our great friend and the charming writer of this Femmespiration Friday post on the gorgeous, charismatic, and well-dressed Beth Ditto.

As you'll see in the coming posts, road trip style is pretty simple. There are a ton of clothes packed into my Honda Civic (and millions more being shipped out), but I have absolutely idea what is here. If I wanted to belt something, I'd be screwed. If I hoped to find a different purse, I'd have to wait about ten days. Road trip style = working with what is at the top of the suitcase and putting on whatever earrings are in the glove compartment. Please roll with it.

On the plus side, I think this (super simple) outfit totally works. It features my super soft denim jacket (thanks Target!), a Macy's dress that I've definitely worn here before, and two new items: marshmallow-like orthopedic sandals from the Bass outlet which remind me of the old school Dr. Scholl's from the 1960s and 70s, and this red Dooney & Burke hobo bag that I got for free because, well, who doesn't like bright, soft leather goods when they're free?






Dress: Bar III, Macy's
Jacket: Target
Sandals: Bass outlet
Earrings: Malachite, Ali's

No comments:

Post a Comment