Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Other peoples' weddings II

Recently Ali and I attended our second wedding of the summer, this time a bit closer to home on the water in Newport, RI (you may remember the first one in Michigan earlier this summer). This summer has been full of freelance work done in pajamas, bathing suits, and sloppy clothes for packing and DIY projects, these weddings have been great for reminding me how much I love getting gussied up. For this nautical affair I chose an old favorite from my closet, this strapless, bird-covered number procured on sale from Anthropologie in 2011. I probably don't need to remind you of the now-famous "Put a bird on it" sketch from Portlandia, but whatever, I have no shame. To go with the classic shape of the dress, I drew on some wings & puffed my hair up so that I looked more or less prepared to go to the Grand Ole Opry, and felt fantastic enjoying seaside cocktails and the nuptials of some really lovely people.





I was accompanied by Ali, of course, as well as her hilarious/gorgeous sister Julie. Ali is looking nautical and fresh in another Anthro sale find courtesy of my closet, and these 1940s style kicks from the 80s, which emerged out of her mom's closet at the perfect moment to compliment the look. I asked Ali if she'd like to comment on her ensemble, and she responded: "It's a dress. That fits me." Thanks, boo.

Jules recuperated from an early morning flight to look lovely in a floral UO dress & more importantly, a pink flower crown purchased by her bff in LA. This, of course, led to me promising Ali (much to her chagrin) that my first act upon arrival on the west coast would be seeking out said flower crown. Extreme force must be taken when it's a matter of a femme procuring a flower crown, friends. I convinced her to pair this look with my favorite Make Up For Ever lip color because a) I'm an evangelist and b) sharing is caring.
sisterly love, y'all.
Julie didn't want this picture to happen but guys, the flower crown! 




Thanks for inviting us to your beautiful wedding, Maddie & Justin! Congrats!


Meg
Dress: Anthropologie (2011)
Shoes: Kork-Ease, Deborah in natural (2011 but still available here)
Lipcolor: Albeit, Claret

Ali
Dress: Anthropologie (bought by Meg for a wedding in 2010)
Shoes: Caressa, via her mom's closet
Lipcolor: Stila, Outrageous (borrowed from Julie)

Julie
Dress: Urban Outfitters
Sandals: Franco Sarto
Lipcolor: Make Up For Ever 41 (Meg's)
Flower crown: Melrose flea market, via her bff


No comments:

Post a Comment