Friday, July 26, 2013

It's a bow! It's a plane!

I promise that I have been getting dressed lately, even if I keep running out of time to tell you about it, dear readers!

To atone for my negligence, here are some femme-stagram shots of my favorite outfit this week. Neither the lighting nor the hair situation was ideal by the time these shots were taken (you'd think I would have learned a thing or two by now about post-happy-hour shoots), but hey, instagram filters can work miracles, right? Plus I think the filter especially works here because I'm wearing two of my favorite vintage items -- this 60s green & white bow dress that I thrifted in my home town last year (one of my best ever Salvation Army finds) & this new airplane necklace that I picked up at an estate sale a few weekends ago. Since I spotted a real Pan-Am bag at the same sale, I suspect that this charm might have been part of some old school flight attendant accessorizing, which really only adds to its appeal for me.

I'm also wearing some new shoes that I snagged on sale last week—could anything be better than pairing this shade of green with bright fuchsia Worishofer sandals? I've been coveting a pair of these forever (Meg has some great red ones), and when these babies got a $20 price cut on Zappos, I decided it was time to take the plunge. 
 



I was pretty enthused about this new matte lipcolor in these photos as well. Earlier in the day, I finally hit up the e.l.f. store that opened recently in my city, and I picked up this shade that I have been craving, probably because it reminds me of Meg's favorite Makeup Forever shade, which always looks so gorgeous on her.



dress: vintage (thrifted, spring 2012)
shoes: worishofer 811
necklace: vintage (estate sale, summer 2013)
earrings: vintage market @ covent garden, london (summer 2013)
lip color: e.l.f. studio matte lip color in coral

xoxo,
melina

No comments:

Post a Comment