Thursday, June 27, 2013

Girlfriend repeller

Here in the Northeast, things have been getting awfully hot and sticky, and dressing up is quickly turning into dressing in as little as possible while still looking like a respectable human being. The heatwave has given me the opportunity to don some of my favorite items, which also fall under the category of Ali-repellers (see the definition of "man repeller" which I've learned could also be referred to as "girlfriend repellers" in some circles). 

The first is this Proenza Schouler for Target dress from several years ago, which features a) bright colors and b) a loud pattern that screams Miami in the 1960s. The second is my enameled pineapple necklace, a prize item from a fruitful estate sale in Melina's hometown. These items, coupled with some pinned braids to keep my thick hair off my neck and a glorious reunion with my favorite lipstick, Make Up For Ever's 41 made for an outfit that I love, and that Ali courageously tolerated. Sorry, boo.

On a more serious note, hip hip hooray for today's SCOTUS decisions overturning DOMA and rendering Prop 8 unconstitutional. SCOTUS might not always be my favorite (yesterday's gutting of the VRA was less than desirable), but today I'm a happy femme.







Dress: Proenza Schouler for Target (2010)
Necklace: Estate Sale (2011)
Shoes: Swedish Hasbeen Ornament Clogs (available here and now on sale for the small of feet...)

No comments:

Post a Comment