Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Polka dots, crop top & top knot

Hi readers! I am surfacing from my last week of classes in order to tell you that these are three elements of style that I enthusiastically endorse both individually and (perhaps especially) together.

I was counting on not only their pleasing approximate rhyme but also their proven infallibility with this look that I experimented with recently. I love this denim pencil skirt, but the waist doesn't always fit as snugly as it should which can sometimes leave it looking a bit awkward. I decided to try to pair it with this cropped tank, which I usually reserve solely for wear with cut-offs. Although I'd typically avoid too much looseness on top with a skirt of this shape, I think it works here; the cropped cut means it's still a good silhouette. Plus, I threw in some flats that I purchased on super sale over a year ago but have never worn. So overall, I'm calling this look a win for its ability to increase the use value a few forgotten items! I knew the holy trinity would never let me down.


cropped tank & flats: urban outfitters (summer 2012; similar flats)
denim skirt: j.crew factory (spring 2010; similar)
bag: madewell (spring 2012)
heart locket: a million years old; from the mercantile in MA

No comments:

Post a Comment