Thursday, April 4, 2013

Turtleneck trickery

Over the Easter weekend, Ali and I coerced her dad to tromp around at the local botanical garden/greenhouse with us, and took a few pictures in the process.  I'm please with this outfit, and especially how the neutrals look among the vibrant colors of the plants and my orange bag-- but this outfit wasn't supposed to work.

Ali and I brought several weeks of laundry to her parents' house (laundry that doesn't cost $10 is appealing, ok?), so we showed up without any clean clothes... we figured we wouldn't need anything but pajamas until at least some of our clothes were cleaned.  This wasn't the case, though, and we went a-hunting to try to cobble outfits together.  I ended up digging out this American Apparel turtleneck dress of Ali's from the back of her closet.  I've been acquainted with this dress in the past, and it puzzled me: why would anyone wear a turtleneck when they a) weren't a small child, b) weren't a grandmother, and c) weren't a turtle.  Ali, having the foresight to know that if she suggested this frock I would have wrinkled my nose and uttered some choice words about turtlenecks, slyly chose another dress for me, and let me discover this on my own.  Of course, I'm stubborn, and she's prophetic, and the scenario worked out exactly as she envisioned.  I'm so predictable.




Obsessed with this gold-backed koi fish. Femmespiration?


Dress: American Apparel
Blazer: J. Crew Factory
Flats: Banana Republic
Purse: J. Crew
Sunnies: AJ Morgan


1 comment:

  1. Lord love a good bot gar adventure. Lookin' fab.

    ReplyDelete