Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sun, sandals, scallion (cream cheese)

Last night was a late one because K.'s drag group had a show (it was awesome). He came down with some kind of awful cold on Friday morning, though, so making it through the evening was a little bit rough. On top of that, our space bear puppy Griffin was really sick yesterday afternoon, and I had to make my second emergency vet run of the week in between laundry & getting things ready for the show. All this to say that I was happy to let K. and Griff sleep in until the late, late, late afternoon today while they recovered and I tried to catch up with some work. When they finally woke up, it was clear K. was in no shape to make us our usual brunch fare, so we decided to take a walk, enjoy the beautiful weather, and get some delicious bagels slathered in scallion cream cheese—the clear cure of all ills.

In the interest of getting to bagel time faster, instead of showering, I simply sprayed a little dry shampoo (Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo) into the roots of my hair, skipped eye makeup, and went heavy on my new lip treat, this soft matte lip cream by Nyx. I know my hair might not look that incredible to you, but I want you to consider that this is very fine & impressionable hair that spent the better part of the previous evening stuck into a wig cap. When you take that into account, the sheer magic of dry shampoo becomes slightly more apparent.

I think my favorite part about this outfit is that I got to wear these new sandals that I scored on super sale from 6pm.com a few weeks ago with my favorite new nail polish color (Tillie's "Pool Boy"). Wearing open-toed shoes at long last reminds me that there are better, beautiful days ahead! Just a few more weeks of teaching to go...



Jacket & silk tank: thrifted
Jeans: bdg high rise cigarette (on sale for $19.99!)
Sandals: naturalizer via 6pm.com
Necklace: beacon's closet (not sure who made it!)
Bag: nine west via marshall's (2011)
Sunnies: le specs runway 
Lipcolor: nyx soft matte lip cream in "addis ababa"
Nail polish: tillie polish in "pool boy" (non toxic!)

xoxo,
melina

No comments:

Post a Comment