Saturday, April 20, 2013

Sheer dottiness

Both an accurate description of this outfit and my state of mind at this point in the semester. At least I'm facing slightly less formal lesson planning as I help my composition students work on their independent projects and prepare to start reviewing for the final with my literature students. But I'm fielding endless e-mails about assignments, trying to meet a few writing deadlines, and trying to carve out the time for Orals list-making. Despite the chaos, though, things are getting done. I'm particularly excited about a gothic themed composition course I'm planning for the fall and for the 18th-century women writers list I began generating in a meeting with one of my mentors last week. Excellent summer reading awaits me, friends.

The weather has been a little strange lately, and I've been trying to come up with outfits that contain an appropriate spring sensibility while still providing warmth. The wardrobe challenge has been compounded by the strangeness of suddenly beginning to shed layers in front of students. Am I totally alone in feeling this? In the fall, I began teaching with bare arms and legs because our buildings have no air conditioning & it was August—and of course, as the semester went on, I became increasingly more bundled up. However, now that this process is happening in reverse, I feel strangely self-conscious about losing tights and cardigans in front of my students; I can't seem to stop feeling like an element of strip tease is at play. At least it's cool enough for me to hang on to sweaters for a while longer.

Needless to say, this is an outfit that would not be teaching approved unless I wore a tank underneath, but since it's the weekend, I rocked the sheer look. I may need to adapt this ensemble for the next few weeks of school, though, since this dotted pencil skirt feels very "spring" while the heavy material lends it some added warmth.
 


Shirt: thrifted (fall 2011)
Pencil skirt: H&M (fall 2011)
Necklaces: anchor (uo), clock gears (gift from k.), loop (also gift from k., nina kuna)
Shoes: Volatile (via 6pm.com - spring 2012)
Bag: Marshall's (winter 2012)
Lipcolor: e.l.f. Mineral Mineral Lipstick in "Beautiful Berry"

1 comment:

  1. I've just installed iStripper, so I can have the sexiest virtual strippers on my taskbar.

    ReplyDelete