Thursday, April 4, 2013

Rough draft

I've been debating about whether or not to post these photos because something is definitely off in this outfit. I love this beautiful Anthropologie dress, which Meg and I actually both snatched off the sale rack in a particularly victorious haul over a year ago. However, it has a kind of keyhole opening in the front that makes it kind of difficult for me to wear because the fit isn't quite right. I need to engineer some DIY alterations or spring for some professional assistance. In the meantime, during a few magically warm hours last weekend, I decided to venture out in bare legs wearing this dress with a cozy favorite crew neck sweater on top.

Actually, the more I look at these pictures, I'm not against the idea of wearing this sweater/dress combo again, although I was initially worried that I looked like a lost cast member of a high school production of Grease. But you see, friends, this is why peer review can be such an important part of both the writing and outfit-building process. A quick consultation with Meg confirmed that it's mainly the shoes that aren't working here—if I'd paired this look with some black flats with a less round toe, I think we'd be in business. What do you think? In any case, I'm pretty happy with the color combinations happening here, so I'll have to revisit this rough draft of an outfit sometime soon.

Dress: Anthropologie (sale, fall 2011)
Sweater: J.Crew Factory (similar)
Watch: Fossil
Earrings: foundling
Stacking rings: Elaine B. Jewelry
Lipcolor: Bare Minerals in "cherries on top"
Clutch/wallet: free (apartment lobby bounty again)
Sunglasses: le specs



xoxo,
melina

1 comment:

  1. Nothing rough about this. I think you look beautiful and like the outfit! Also I just love that sweater!

    ReplyDelete