Sunday, April 7, 2013

"Keep Calm and Buy Nail Polish"

I recently posted about my quest to go go natural with as many of my daily cosmetics as possible. I've been waiting eagerly for my order of Tillie non-toxic nail polish to arrive in the mail, so I was thrilled to find a package waiting for me when I got home on Friday night. The colors were just as beautiful in person, and the polish came accompanied by an adorable hand-written note!

Keep Calm and Buy Nail Polish - advice I can get behind.
I immediately tried this gorgeous lavender (or is it more lilac?) color called "Sarong, so right." Typically, I paint my nails while slumped on the couch watching trashy reality television and I grab the nearest book to use as a makeshift table to steady my hands—whatever text I've just been writing about or reading for class. I admit that my choices aren't usually so fortuitous, but I had to share how well this color matches the back cover of Eve Sedgwick's Tendencies. Now that's femme academic realness.


Anyway, back to the polish. I love it. Not only are the colors vibrant & perfect for spring, but the non-toxic formula is thicker and more luxurious than any other polish I have ever used. In the above image, I'm wearing just ONE COAT. One. And really, with this amazing polish, one coat ends up being enough—which is good news for this femme, who is eternally terrible at things that require fine motor skills. Really, painting my nails is totally my femme Achilles' heel.  Plus, Tillie polish is cruelty free, and made without toulene, formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate, camphor, and a whole host of other stuff that I know nothing about. I'm so thrilled to know about this beautiful product created by three awesome sisters. I will definitely be ordering more in the future!

xoxo,
melina

2 comments:

  1. We are so excited to hear that you love your polishes! We love your blog post! <3 Thank you so much for sharing! We genuinely appreciate the kind words! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tillie ladies! Looking forward to the summer collection! xo

    ReplyDelete