Monday, April 1, 2013

Floral on floral

Spring has finally arrived (you know, for now-- I wouldn't be surprised if there were snow next week. New England is the worst like that), and I couldn't be more thrilled.  Last Friday, I had one meeting in the morning and the rest of the day free.  I can think of about a million things I should have been doing (paper proposals, presentation prep, memorizing noun declensions...), but instead Ali and I went tromping around, and then hopped in the car to head to her parents' house for Easter weekend.  I tried some floral-on-floral pattern mixing, and am pretty pleased with the result.  This dress is an old favorite that's wearing thin-- it may fall off my body while wearing it someday.  So, uh, beware.

You may notice a minor costume change-- most of these pictures were taken while enjoying cannoli and gelato in the early afternoon, but we also snapped a few during a detour to the beach in the early evening, because who can resist the golden hour and the siren call of the waves?

This is a cannoli I knew once and loved.







Dress: H&M (inherited from a friend who inherited it from another friend)
Cardi: J. Crew Factory
Sunnies: A.J. Morgan
Boots: Justin Roper

on Ali:
Plaid: purchased in Mel's hometown (and my personal favorite of her plaid collection!)



No comments:

Post a Comment