Sunday, April 7, 2013

Accidental cowgirl

On Saturday, the sun was shining & my nails were this awesome shade of purple from my new nail polish, and obviously the only thing to do was to put on this coral and white polka dotted dress and back comb my hair into a partial hive. This was clearly the only course of action available to me. Right? Right. Just so we're on the same page.

This is a dress I picked up on sale (at JCP) for the summer, and it's really not quite warm enough for it yet, but I couldn't wait. So I compromised by wearing it with some tights and a cardigan. I thought about switching out this white belt that comes with the dress for a black one, but in the end, I left it on and figured that the white in my cowboy boots would pull it all together. What I didn't really think about was how literal this look might get with the boots and my side braid. I may have gone just a taaaad bit country western ingenue of center. But I'm kind of okay with it.


Dress: JCP
Sunnies: Modcloth
Cardigan: Gap Factory
Lipcolor: e.l.f. Mineral Mineral Lipstick in "Beautiful Berry"
Boots: free! (apartment building lobby)

xoxo,
melina

No comments:

Post a Comment