Saturday, March 30, 2013

"Study" date

So on Friday, it was over 50 degrees, I got to wear a new dress, and I was reunited with my BFF Elizabeth, a fellow femme academic who has been studying in London this year. That's a lot of great stuff in one day. E & I planned to meet up for an epic reunion/study date where she would get some writing done and I would plow through the stack of grading that hasn't managed to diminish much over the past few days. But despite our good intentions, we spent the afternoon catching up. We haven't seen each other for a few months, so I think the free pass on productivity was certainly deserved!

Elizabeth has long been a source of femme-spiration for me since she's pretty much the epitome of style, so of course I made her pose for a few quick iPhone shots before we parted. You're welcome, internet. You're welcome. We were strangely in sync with our ensembles today, with a common theme of white polka dots and black/red tones. This is a dress I picked up for mad cheap at a JC Penney in my hometown over the weekend. A reader of femmepirical evidence recently clued me in to how unexpectedly awesome JCP has become as a result of its recent image makeover, and it's been a little life-changing to see how many cute items they have for very reasonable prices (thanks Audrey!). I'll definitely be keeping my eye on them as I think about budgeting to add some new spring pieces to my wardrobe.


Dress: JCP (sale, winter 2013)
Jacket: thrifted
Tote: Gap
Sunglasses: ModCloth
Flats: Urban Outfitters 

Shirt: thrifted (Blitz London)
Cardigan: Urban Outfitters
Coat: Banana Republic
Jeans: J.Crew (after Christmas sale!)
Earrings: thrifted, Village Style (east 7th)
Flats: Jones
Lipcolor: Nars Dragon Girl

xoxo,
melina

No comments:

Post a Comment