Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pro tip: If you want to stay awake, get dressed.

Often it's during my most stressful days that I need to get a little bit dressed up... I think mostly so I don't end up napping away my stress, as I've been known to do. It helps, I promise. These photos are from Tuesday, when I was still slogging through this week's two presentations.

Typically I've worn this Jason Wu for Target dress with the top couple buttons undone, but I've been getting more and more bold with the buttoned up look.



Between library sessions, Ali and I went grocery shopping for the Passover feast we had last night.  We also realized we had nothing to cook the brisket (!! best time of year) in, so we hit up Macy's for this baller Martha Stewart dutch oven that was half off.  And that matches our clock, evidently.

Sorry guys, it was a long week.
Totally proud of the dutch oven conquest, and also psyched for the brisket that would come out of it.

Dress: Jason Wu for Target
Cardigan: LOFT (stolen from my mom)
Belt: Steve Madden via Marshalls, I think (2008)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (recent purchase and I've been wearing them for about five days straight!)

4 comments:

  1. Such an excellent brisket! Like the hopeful peek inside, in case the brisket showed up early.

    Also, you have inspired me to button up my many oxford shirts and pair with a good necklace. Keep up the good work, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your gorgeous new dutch oven, a successful Passover brisket, and such a cute outfit! I'm loving those earrings. I've been embracing large button earrings like yours lately after a solid decade of only wearing big hoops and dangles (Anyone who knows femmes knows how serious we can be about hoops!). Anyway, I've been enjoying how nice the large buttons look, especially when wearing hair up or when tucked behind the ears. These look so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird! I'm not sure why or, more importantly, how my comment linked to a random dutch oven on Amazon. Creepy, Internet. Real creepy. Sorry, friends! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for the comment-- and sorry about the weird dutch oven link-- we've been using skimlinks which isn't all that great, and includes some weird links in our posts- didn't know it could extend to comments as well! And I feel you on huge earrings- I'm wearing those same button ones again today and I didn't feel like anything was in my ears so I tried to stick another pair in, only to realize they were in. Glad you're trying this out too! xo

      Delete