Friday, March 1, 2013

Coming up for air

Do you remember me? I'm not sure I do, frankly! These past few weeks have been hectic, busy, and exhausting-- but now it's Friday afternoon, and before I move onto my next task (preparing a conference paper in approximately three days), I wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive, still wearing clothes (most of the time), and looking forward to getting back to regular posts.  Spring break is only one week away... except that week includes one language class, one seminar, one cross-country graduate school visit, and one conference. I wish I were kidding.



Here's a super cozy outfit from a while ago, featuring one of my favorite (and perhaps most often worn) dresses and a sweater swapped from Melina. It was super... American. Get at me.


I decided to play up the red-white-and-blue ensemble with this amazing necklace that was thrifted for me by friends from my first MA program which I left after a year. Also pictured is a freshly done coat of "Rodeo Sweetheart," a polish that Ali picked up recently at Urban Outfitters. I think it's telling that I'm still wearing this polish probably a full week later-- it's seen better days now!


Sweater: Thrifted & swapped from Mel
Dress: H&M (winter 2010, I think)
Necklace: Thrifted in Topeka and gifted
Tights: Hue
Boots: Justin Roper (barely visible! via ebay)

No comments:

Post a Comment