Sunday, March 31, 2013

New territory

I've long aspired to pull off the whole shorts & tights look. But guys, it's really hard. Wearing shorts without tights was challenging enough for me to embrace, but as of last summer, I got pretty comfortable with a good cut-offs and cropped t-shirt combo. The right tights and shorts look remained elusive though. Even when I felt like I'd come up with the right pairing, I always felt like I'd mess it up on the shoes. Which boots were right? Or should it be oxfords? flats? Every time I tried to don some tentative version of the tights/shorts outfit, I'd inevitably end up changing at the last minute, leaving the garments in a pile of shame & defeat on my bedroom floor.

While considering how to wear this new floral t-shirt I recently scored from Joe Fresh, I decided to give this trend another shot. Also earning a second chance in these photos: the messy fishtail side braid. I love fishtail braids on people with hair textures that are different from my own, but my straight, fine, layers don't exactly provide the best raw materials. Still though, this one turned out better than most, so I'm feeling optimistic. Jury's still out on whether or not this outfit was a total success, but today I felt cute, comfortable, and ready for spring. 


Floral shirt: Joe Fresh via JCP
Jersey blazer: J.Crew Factory
Denim cutoffs: thrifted old school Levi's (cut by Meg & Ali!)
Boots: fashionista vintage & variety
Bag: Nine West via Marshall's
Watch: Fossil
Earrings: foundling
Lipcolor: Bare Minerals in "cherries on top"


xoxo,
melina

No comments:

Post a Comment