Monday, March 11, 2013

Lost & Found

This weekend K. and I made a quick trip home to hang with my mom. I brought comfy clothes with me because we weren't planning on doing much besides bumming around the house and helping her with some spring cleaning. But we were so industrious in cleaning out the upstairs closets that we thought a Saturday afternoon thrifting run was justified. Counterproductive? Perhaps. But that's how we roll in this family.

Meg posted a while back about closet shopping, and I had a similar experience when I rediscovered these forgotten shoes in the back of my closet at my mom's. I'd forgotten they existed; I can't remember when I bought them, what I wore them with, or if I even wore them more than a few times. I definitely can't remember why I discarded them! They are actually pretty cute, and the low wedge makes them comfortable, but a slight departure from my other flats. Anyway, I popped them on with this casual ensemble, and they transformed the look for me—this is a much cuter outfit than it would have been with my go-to soft, furry moccasin boots. Glad to welcome these forgotten treasures back into the fold.

Jacket: thrifted (winter 2013)
Shirt: J.Crew Factory Favorite Shirt
Jeans: BDG high-rise cigarette in "berry"
Shoes: by Report (recently rediscovered)


xoxo,
melina

No comments:

Post a Comment