Thursday, March 28, 2013

Chopped

So I finally got a haircut. I know you were all pins and needles waiting to hear this news, readers, but you can rest easy now: my bangs to face ratio has finally approached acceptable proportions again. While hanging out with K. and our dog at my mom's house this past weekend, I went to see Thomas, my new hair guy/recent bestie. In these photos snapped after my haircut/our glorious reunion, I'm wearing a version of what's become my standard weekend uniform lately: colored denim & some manner of button down under a blazer for layering.

I was particularly happy with this incarnation because of the way the bright spring-y green lining of the velvet blazer looked with the plum jeans. I also managed to work in a new vintage piece I'm pretty excited about; even though I initially thought this necklace would be too much for this casual outfit, I think it kind of works. Anyway, here's to hoping these bright colors help usher in some warmer weather soon! I'm sick of this nonsense. 


Floral shirt & velvet blazer: J.Crew Factory
Jeans: BDG high rise cigarette in plum (on sale right now!!)
Necklace: vintage (1950s) via Today's Vintage Designs
Boots: thrifted (9 West)
Lipcolor: e.l.f. Mineral Mineral Lipstick in "Beautiful Berry"
 

xoxo,
melina

No comments:

Post a Comment