Saturday, February 23, 2013

Splitting Hairs

A while back, Meg posted about using a tutorial from she lets her hair down, an amazing hair blog we both adore. I recently found another blog with tons of gorgeous tutorials—bobby glam. Warning: it will make you want to buy extensions. Or maybe that's just me. I'm pretty sure I spend 80% of any given day plotting ways to get a weave. Unfortunately, my life as a femme bookworm probably won't result in any reality show castings in the near future.

I don't usually have much success with hair tutorials, since I never really learned how to french braid, and my fine, straight, layered hair can sometimes look unforgiving in up-dos. But last weekend, I decided to try out this side braids into a messy bun look, and I was happy with the results. It was a fast look to achieve, with the most time consuming part being the light backcombing to create body on the top. I wore this on a rainy Sunday full of reading, but I might even try to substitute this in for my usual simple low-pony or bun for teaching.

 I might as well show you what I was wearing, too!
Jeans: Urban Outfitters High Rise Cigarette in Berry
Shirt: J.Crew (thrifted fall 2012)
Boots: thrifted (spring 2012)
Watch: Fossil
Earrings: estate sale

hanging with Griffin post semi-successful bath
xoxo,
melina

No comments:

Post a Comment