Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Remixing

After five days of being snowed in, I was finally able to get dressed today-- love loungewear as I do (and I do), it felt pretty good. I struggled with this outfit a bit, because the idea was appealing (warm layers, sweatshirt comfortable dress, floral), but I worried that in reality, it might make me look like a Duggar which, lezbereal, would suck.


I think I've basically avoided looking like someone with children numbering in the double digits, though I'll let you be the judge.


I thrifted this floral shirt this past fall, and have struggled with ways to wear it, including one of my first blog posts. This combination works a bit better for me than the buttoned-up approach, I think.

A note on nails: yesterday I bought Essie's Crocadilly, a magnetic nail polish that's supposed to look like this. Though I liked the color a lot, I was unable to achieve the croc effect-- where it worked, it was erratic and just looked like I'd painted my nails unevenly. I ended up applying a gold crackle coat on top, which is what you see in the picture. I'll continue using this as normal nail polish, but I wouldn't recommend purchasing the magnetic line from Essie.

Dress: J. Crew Factory (fall 2012)
Shirt: Liz Claiborne (thrifted fall/winter 2012)
Boots: Frye (old as the hills)
Earrings: Kate Spade (Ali's, Christmas 2012)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this outfit is so cute I can't even handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) This is totes adorable, will now pooossibly try to replicate a dress-over-buttondown look? Although I have some personal reservations becauuuse...
    2) Out of curiosity i just googled 'Duggar' and holy motherfucking child army that is mystifying/terrifying/what the fuck??

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is nowhere *near* Duggar territory. It's adorable. Maybe more of a foxy, reclaimed-prairie vibe because of the shirt, which is so cute. I love it and I love your blog! So glad you all posted the link in Femme Realness.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete