Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Black & blue

After penning our most recent Femme-spiration Friday post on Kelly Osbourne, I found myself itching to emulate one of the looks I'd been gushing over. But, unsure of my ability to rock floral and polka dots the way Meg did recently, I sifted through my closet waiting for inspiration to strike. Realizing that I had the basic elements covered, I decided to try to re-create her pairing of a sweet, blue polka-dotted dress with a black leather jacket and a deep red lipcolor.

Here's my Kelly reference. If only my jacket were this cute & cropped!
This adorable dress is actually a hand-me-down from Meg! It's one of the many items that we've been able to share over the years—in spite of our differences in height & body type. I loved this dress on her, but she'd gotten a lot of mileage out of it and was ready to let it go. I haven't worn it much yet, but when I thought about my craving to re-imagine this look of Kelly's, it immediately came to mind.

Even though the length of my jacket kept me from nailing the proportions that make Kelly's look so bangin', I had fun experimenting with this new combination. And since I spent my Sunday with K. and my books, no one really got to see it anyway. Except you, of course, devoted internet friends! Thanks for giving me a reason to get dressed on the weekends...

 

Dress: Ruby Red (stolen from Meg)
Jacket: thrifted (winter 2013)
Tights: H&M (winter 2011)
Shoes: Aerosoles (spring 2010)
Lipstick: Urban Decay Gash (accidentally stolen from Meg, who stole it from Ali!) 
Earrings: vintage (estate sale, 2010)


xoxo,
melina

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you rock it way harder than Kelly does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG i wore that dress once too! this is fuchsia not being able to log in on my work computer <3

    ReplyDelete