Friday, January 11, 2013

What to wear to make matzo ball soup

My classes start on Monday, and while I'm kind of heartbroken about this break coming to an end, at least I'll have somewhere to go, and getting a little bit dressed up won't feel like a waste.  I'm not teaching currently-- I just have a couple of classes and research gigs-- so my work can usually do from home or all alone in the library.  Though the doldrums are easy to slip into in my current situation, the first week of school is the best-- all of the promise of new notebooks and fresh syllabi, and none of the sadness (er, enriching academic challenges) of the later parts of the semester.

In the meantime, though, this was an outfit of old favorites for a day of running errands, getting cozy with the library's scanner, and fulfilling the age old duty of my people: making matzo ball soup for my poor, sick girlfriend.
Dress: Vintage, thifted (summer 2008)
Cardigan: Free People, gift (fall 2004)
Tights: Assets from Target (shut up, they're the best tights ever)
Boots: Frye, bought on ebay for a song (fall 2010)
Belt: Betsy Johnson (sometime in 2009, I think)
Scarf: Estate sale in Melina's hometown, I think (summer 2011)
Earrings: First jewelry Ali ever gave me (summer 2010)
Lipstick: Clinique, mega-melon chubby stick, Sephora free gift!

1 comment:

  1. eToro is the #1 forex trading platform for rookie and established traders.

    ReplyDelete