Saturday, January 12, 2013

She put her hair up

Ali and I have a mutually beneficial agreement: in exchange for me buzzing her hair (we determined that no stylist she went to could give her the haircut she wanted, so I learned to do it myself), she does my hair when I ask her to-- obviously her skills at French braiding shouldn't go to waste, even though she no longer has nearly enough hair to braid.  One of my style goals for this year is to do more exciting things with my hair, which is most frequently positioned in a sky-high topknot.
 Today while I was sipping my morning coffee, I discovered She Lets Her Hair Down, an amazing hair styling blog written by a beautiful and talented hair stylist.  Ali agreed to try this braided up-do, and the results are here.  I'm psyched-- it's an alternative to the top-knot, works best on second day hair, and requires no effort from me.  Perfect.
Hair by Ali
Headband: Banana Republic Factory
Shirt: J. Crew Factory (stolen from Ali, summer 2012)
Cardigan: Marc Jacobs (a splurge from 2005, sale at Marshall's)

2 comments: