Sunday, January 20, 2013

Family ties

This weekend, K. & I traveled to my hometown to hang out with my mom. My mother is definitely responsible for instilling in me a deep love of old things; we've bonded over a mutual love of vintage aesthetics, thrifting, and bargain hunting for years. So by now, I know enough to pack lightly for weekend visits in order to save room for new treasures on the way home. This time, I tossed this cozy & beautiful vintage wool dress in my bag (a victory from a past visit), and in the spirit of the outfit, my mom suddenly produced some beautiful vintage coats (from various female relatives) she'd been hiding somewhere. Basically, this post is brought to you by a mother/daughter relationship founded on enabling one another to continuously acquire and store (hoard) old things, and my desire to prance around in a floor-length velvet fur-trimmed coat that I will never be able to wear in my real day-to-day life.

Griffin wasn't co-operating this time.

Dress: Toad Hall Vintage (fall 2012)
Gloves: estate sale (summer 2012)
Boots: Born Carpenter (similar)





xo,
Melina

3 comments:

  1. your hair is getting so long! it's outta control fabulous. please go back to inhabiting your victorian novel, you're making the rest of us look bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it WAS so long! just chopped it, but not too much. that post is coming up soon. :) -melina

      Delete