Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Closet shopping

I've been trying to make some Big Decisions about what parts of my wardrobe to let go of-- partially in anticipation of a big move in a few months, and more pressingly, looking forward to a clothing swap with Melina and Fuchsia.  When I was pawing through my closet this morning, Ali pointed at this skirt.  I protested, but she was right-- she had never seen me wear it in our three year relationship, yet I was carrying it around with me everywhere I moved.  I accepted the challenge, put it on... and realized that I loved it.  
Part of the reason that this skirt hasn't seen a lot of action in the past few years is that skirts, well, terrify me.  It's no secret that I'm short-- really short.  Clothes with the wrong proportions overwhelm me, and I've often found that skirts, even with tops tucked in, make me lose my waist and feel like a big boxy mass.  Dresses, on the other hand, feel great, and are easy-- but lead to the cardi-dress-boots rut.
So here you have it-- I've saved this barely worn skirt from being purged, and found something in my closet that I feel pretty great in.  If only I'd accomplished that much in my work today...

Top: Long tunic from H&M
Skirt: J. Crew (2008?  2009?)
Boots: Vintage Etienne Aigner (winter 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment