Thursday, January 31, 2013

Birthday dranks

Part of our festivities this weekend included celebrating Melina's birthday.  It was a low-key event at a local bar, where friends from all parts of Melina's life joined for beers and hangouts, including several of our college friends (hey ChloĆ«, Eel & Fuchsia!).  After a weekend of clothing exchange and getting super dolled up, we opted for slightly more casual looks, and used the evening as an opportunity to show off some new-to-us finds.

Melina

Melina was set on wearing her new, hot pink high waisted BDG jeans (read her love poem to this style of jeans), so we set out to find the perfect top to go with them, ultimately settling on this silk Gap shirt that I bought myself in 2005.  It looks totally different on Mel, and I'm so happy to see her give it new life!

She also added these Kenneth Cole earrings that we had both pinned ages ago, which K., ever an astute boyfriend, stealthily ordered and gifted to Melina as one of her birthday treats.  The look was completed with her new Anthropologie flats by Miss Albright and a messy sock bun.


I'd also be remiss not to mention Mel's new thrifted coat, purchased on a recent raid of her hometown's amazing thrift stores.



Meg

For my ensemble, I chose something super easy that I felt great in.  Melina bought this garment a year or two ago from Modcloth as a tunic.  On me, though, it's a very acceptable length as a (short) dress, easy to wear with some opaque black tights and my boots (a good thing, since they were the only shoes I brought aside from my bone-colored mary-janes).



I'm jealous that so many of Melina's shoots include her dog-bud, Griffin, so I had to get in on the action.


We had a great night celebrating Mel's birthday with our fun and stylish friends, and look forward to sharing more moments from our weekend over the coming week!

xo Meg

Melina:
Pants: BDG highwaisted jeans in "Berry" (Urban, winter 2013)
Top: Gap (swapped 2013, purchased by Meg 2005)
Shoes: Anthropologie (winter 2013)
Earrings: Kenneth Cole (birthday gift 2013)
Lipstick: Gash by Urban Decay

Meg:
Dress: Modcloth (swapped 2013, purchased by Melina 2011)
Cardigan: Banana Republic (2006)
Tights: Fleece-lined leg snugglers (gifted to Ali by Fuchsia, borrowed by me)
Boots: Steve Madden (summer 2012)
Earrings: Gift from Melina and K. (Christmas 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment