Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Another 90s tribute

As I find myself dragging my feet to complete various projects over winter break, I've been trying to turn over a new leaf by dressing for success rather than staying in my pajamas to write all day. Sure, some of my best writing has happened when I'm curled up in sweatpants with my hair in a crazy rat's nest. But then I'd have nothing to blog about.

That said, I didn't get much done yesterday. Maybe it's because instead of dressing like a serious academic, I elected to dress like a badass heroine of a 90s movie. Meg already blogged about her favorite 90s dress, so I thought it might be time for me to add my favorite 90s thrifting find to the mix. Although I've yet to match the brilliance of those ruffles and that floral print, this fitted red & black plaid frock has quickly become one of my all-time favorites. I especially like to pair it with a denim jacket and some ankle boots. I'm still searching for the perfect dark berry shade of lipcolor for my hair and skin tone. Suggestions welcome. But, come to think of it, complementing hair and skin tone was never really the point of dark 90s lipcolor...

Dress: Thrifted (fall 2011)
Jacket: Gap Factory Outlet (summer 2011, similar jacket)
Bag: Thrifted at the Sunday Antique Market, Toronto, Canada (summer 2012)
Scarf: Gap (winter 2011)
Boots: J.Jill (shut up these boots are awesome, winter 2010)
Necklaces: clock gear parts (gift, summer 2010) & anchor (Urban Outfitters, summer 2010)
Lipstick: NARS Heat Wave




4 comments:

  1. i've been wanting to try mac diva for a 90s girl dark matte lip because i love chili so much but i think it's kind of burgundy instead of red. maybe i'll buy it and next time we see each other you can decide if you like it or not <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great, Fxa! <3 I'll look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lovin' the boots!! (Also, I'm in serious need a denim jacket that doesn't make me look like a jackass - example above)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could never look like a jackass! But I think it's in the wash & the cut of the denim. This was the first one that worked for me!

      Delete